UNILAGFEAA INDUCTS FIRST SET OF ASSOCIATE GRADUATE MEMBERS
The Executive Committee of UNILAGFEAA inducted the first set of forty (40) Associate Graduate Members of the Association in the Engineering Lecture, Faculty of Engineering, Unilag on September 12 2018.
A lecture on “Essentials of good professional development for young Engineers” was also given by Engr Noimot Salako-Oyedele, National Treasurer of the Association.
Chairman, Engr Titi Omo-Ettu, told the inductees in a welcome address that The purpose of the induction Ceremony was to formally admit the new members and to familiarise them with the obligations, responsibilities, and benefits of membership of the Association.
Dean of Engineering, Professor Funso Falade admonished the new members to take good advantge of the lofty programs of UNILAGFEAA to develop themselves.
WELCOME ADDRESS OF CHAIRMAN UNILAGFEAA. Engr Titi Omo-Ettu, at the INDUCTION CEREMONY FOR NEW ASSOCIATE GRADUATE MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION.
(Wednesday September 12, 2018)
Members of Exco,
Dean of Engineering,
Distinguished Faculty Members,
Students who are about to be inducted,
Ladies & Gentlemen,
It is my pleasure to welcome you all to this Event.
Our Association is a little over one year old and this Executive Committee was elected five months ago. We are therefore happy to be holding the first induction ceremony for the first batch of young graduates to join the Association.
Our Exco is desirous that we waste no time in implementing one of the cardinal deliverables of the Association – that which makes it a responsibility to monitor the professional development and welfare of our young members, without delay. To do this we have had to reduce the registration fee for membership considerably from N10,000 to only N1,000 since we know those who are just leaving school cannot afford the cost of registration.
I commend my colleagues in the Executive Committee for this initiative and congratulate those of you students who are taking early advantage of the gesture.
The purpose of this induction Ceremony is to familiarise the new members with the obligations, responsibilities, and benefits of Membership of our Association.
Thank you all for being here.
DELIVERABLES OF UNILAGFEAA
Executive Committee of UNILAGFEAA
The mandate of our Executive Committee is to implement the Aims and Objectives of the Association as expressed in paragraph 3 of its Constitution. (http://unilagfeaa.org.ng/about/)
To that extent we shall
1. Maitain a Secretariat of the Association in the premises of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos.
2. Establish communication channels aimed at providing a link between the faculty, its alumni and the public.
3. Execute projects that aim at improving teaching, learning and research in the Faculty
4. Use our communications channels to collate the interests of members and provide for their welfare and welfare of their endeavours.
5. Keep a watch on the well being of members of the Association wherever they may be including posting and deployment of those on overseas study, national service and other special services.
6. Create special opportunity for membership registration of graduating students to make it feasible that the Association monitors welfare of its members on national youth service
7. Establish a fund for the maintenance and promotion of scholarship and research in the Faculty.
8. Establish a platform by which the Association monitors and enhances professional development of young Members.
9. Host events that will create networking opportunities among member and also with industry players and users of engineers.
10. Do all things that give effect to implementing paragraph 3, Aims and Objectives of the Association.
Engr Dideolu Falobi, Vice Chairman, UNILAGFEAA talks to THISDAY Newspaper:
“…….as the Bobajiro of Ilesa, I have been the National President of the Old Students’ Association of Methodist High School, Ilesa, since 2005. I am also the Founder and President of Ijesaland Development Foundation as well as the Chairman of Osun State Scrabble Association and Iwoye-Ijesa Development Committee. I am happily married with children.”
That sketches the persona of Engr Dideolu Falobi, Vice-chairman, UNILAGFEAA as revealed in his interview with THISDAY titled “Dideolu Falobi: My Wife Taught Me Patience, Street Wisdom”
DECISIONS OF EXCO AT ITS INAUGURAL MEETING.
1. 2nd Stanza of Nigerian National Anthem was adopted as National Prayer at EXCO Meetings
2. Dates were adopted for all eight (8) EXCO meetings scheduled for 2018 and 2019.
3. Ten Strategies were adopted for MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
4. Annual due is prescribed as N10,000 PER MEMBER
5. National Publicity Secretary is in charge of maintenance and administration of the Association’s website
6. Principal Officers of EXCO to prepare Income and expenditure budgets for EXCO consideration
7. Final Year students to be admitted as Associate Student Members
8. A formal Reception to hold annually for registered Associate Student Members
9. Association’s Secretariat to be resident preferably in the Faculty
10. The Association shall work with ULES
11. ULEC @ 69-72 was commended for the birth of UNILAGFEAA.
12. Two Committees empanelled for (1) Life Membership and (2) Associations Deliverables.